Every artist was once an amatuer - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kids art smock from a Tea Towel


 I wanted to start of the craft adventure with something simple.  So this week we are going to be focusing on Tea Towel crafts and sewing projects.  Although I am going to be going away to see my wondeful family on Monday so I will not be here to update this week, I will post a handful before I leave to tide anyone over till i get back.

And that said, here is number one!    Check out this cute art smock made from a average sized tea towel.  The wonderful artists over at Obsessively Stitching made this one in green but a cute cartoon, floral, or animal theme would look great too.  The only thing I would perhaps add would be a strap of elastic or cloth at centre chest for a notepad to slip over.   Click here for the tutorial, and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment