Every artist was once an amatuer - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A bib size messup.

FOr those of you that do not know, I recieved some brilliant news the other day.  My beautiful sister Rhea is pregnant! So I set myself a challenge.  I was going to make at least 1 baby related gift every 2 weeks till the baby was due.  (I know, I know but with the move in play and jai going back to highschool in two weeks, I was being realistic..)

This blog was supposed to be a triumphant enty entitled "First baby gifts done!"  But instead this is what happened. I had just finished sewing the basic bib pattern from Nested: Something to Make.    I was sewing and I was thinking that something was wrong. It wasn't till the end that I looked at it and thought "that looks a bit small...." I went back to the website for advice...DAMN BORDERLESS PRINTING! I should of seen that!. 
Anyway, the new pattern looks a much more reasonable size and sewing this paticular piece was fun so I have no problem doing it again.  I also have plenty of the fabric left.  It's made them look very cute!

1 comment: