Every artist was once an amatuer - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

House Of Gold - Twenty One Pilots.


My 17 year old son played this for me the other night. 

It's a song from his favorite band.   
As he is preparing for his life outside this home, as his somewhat sometimes silent form moves toward greatness or failure as all youth does.. I was humbly and deeply honored..and then I wanted to wring his neck! 
 You should of seen his face and the slight escape of laughter at the completion of the track. 

The song absolutely completely broke me to tell you the truth..... and sent me through the whole myriad of emotions.  I realized that somewhere there, I may have done somewhat of a decent job, at least with his and my relationship... 

I was bawling by the  end and needed a hug.. anyway..

Thank you my son.  You're a dickhead but you're pretty cool..
keep your options open.. sure..
but if you want some money for ANYTHING AT ALL,
go get a job. 
Love always, Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment